!! DUE TO THE INCLEMENT WEATHER, TRASH COLLECTION THIS WEEK HAS BEEN MOVED TO WEDNESDAY FEBRUARY 3RD. !!
Residential trash & recycling is collected every Tuesday. All toters must be placed curbside before 6 a.m. on Tuesday. The trash is to be bagged, tied, & placed in a Borough-provided 35, 65, or 95 gallon toter. Excess trash WILL NOT be collected. Please do not place leaves, limbs, or construction debris in your trash toter.
- Last Tuesday of every month. Item must be placed curbside prior to 6 a.m.
- Only ONE bulk item will be collected per household.
- Examples include a chair, sofa, lamp, mattress/box spring, etc.
- ELECTRONICS WILL NOT BE COLLECTED ( i.e., TVs, microwaves, computers)
- Items containing Freon, motor oil, gasoline, and anti-freeze, tires, construction material, and all Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) will not be accepted.
- Extra items may be collected but require special arrangments at the owners expense. For more information please contact A.J. Blosenski at 610.942.2707
RECYCLING – SINGLE STREAM PROGRAM
The Borough’s recycling is picked up every Tuesday, the same day as trash collection. Please place recyclables curbside before 6 a.m. to insure collection. Recycling in the Borough is Single Stream Recycling which means that all recyclable materials can be placed in one container.
Under Pennsylvania Act 101, recycling is mandatory in the Borough of Kennett Square-this includes all properties; residential, commercial, industrial and public. The following items can be recycled:
- Newspapers, Inserts, Junk Mail, Magazines, Catalogs, Envelopes, Paper Back Books, Phone Books, Office and School Papers, and Colored Paper.
- Cardboard, Boxboard, Clean Pizza Boxes (must be flattened), Paper Egg Cartons and Paper Bags (grocery type).
- Aluminum Cans, Clean Foil, Tin and Steel Aerosol Cans (empty and rinsed).
- Clear, Green and Brown Glass Bottles and Jars (empty and rinsed).
- All Plastic Containers Labeled #1 through #7 (emptied and rinsed).
For the convenience of Borough residents, there is a recycling receptacle located in the rear of the parking lot of 604 Terminal Way. This receptacle is available 7 days a week and is for corrugated cardboard ONLY! The cardboard disposed of there, must be flattened and inserted into the slot of the receptacle.