Official Kennett Square Logo

Fee Schedule, Forms & Permits

2022 Fee Schedule  
Resolution 2022-11 Establishing Updated Parking Rates 030922

NEW: 2023 Fee Schedule

Open Records/Right-to-Know Request Instructions and Request Form

Permit Applications
Permit Review Submittal Guide

2023 Building Permit - Required before a building is constructed, enlarged, altered or demolished. A person wishing to change the USE of a building must obtain a zoning permit from the Zoning Officer to insure the proposed change of USE complies with all Zoning Ordinances.

2023 Contractor's License – General * Plumbing * Electrical * Mechanical * Paving * Excavating * Security – All contractors are required to register with the Borough before any permits are issued. The contractor must supply a Certificate of Insurance with Borough named as Additional Insured, or a notarized affidavit of exemption from workmen’s compensation insurance and a Federal or State Identification Number. This is a yearly permit.

2023 Electrical Permit - Any electrical wiring installed in a building or structure or any alteration of an existing electric wiring system. Installations of electric conductors and equipment within or on public and private buildings or other structures.

2023 Heating & Air Conditioning Permit - Required for any work on HVAC. All installations must have Underwriters Inspection. Borough of Kennett Square inspector must be notified when work is started and completed.

2023 Plumbing Permit - Required before any work on a plumbing system may commence, including alteration to existing systems.

2023 Zoning Permit Application- Required for any construction, installation or change in USE as governed by Borough Ordinances.

2023 Resale Use & Occupancy Inspections is a Borough of Kennett Square Ordinance which requires the issuance of an U&O for each change of use, change of occupancy, and/or change of ownership for any property in the Borough. Please attach a Rental Registration or Commercial Registration with the U & O if applicable.

2023 Solar Installation Checklist - The Borough of Kennett Square commits to processing permit applications under normal operating circumstances for small rooftop solar PV systems (15 kW capacity or less)  within 3 business days, provided that all required information and materials regarding the proposal are included in the application."

2023 Rental Registration - is Required for any person wishing to rent a single-family, multi-family dwelling in the Borough. Upon receipt of completed application, inspection is done prior to the issuance. This is a yearly permit.

2023 Commercial Registration - is Required for person operating a commercial business in the Borough. Prior to the issuance of the Commercial Rental License, an inspection is done. This is a yearly permit.

2023 Sign Permit is required prior to any persons seeking to erect a temporary or permanent sign whether it being a resident or a business in the Borough. The permit must be reviewed by the Historical Architectural Review Board (HARB) before any sign can be erected.

2023 Vendor's Permit – issued for daily, weekly, yearly or master vendor event.

2023 Roof Permit is required for new, alterations or repairs.

2023 Chicken Coop Permit

2023 Amusement Permit

2023 Outdoor Eating Permit
2023 Application for Special Exception or Variance Under Zoning Ordinance or Appeal

2023 Fire Sprinkler Permit
2023 Subdivision and Land Development Application

2023 Street Opening Permit - Needed when any work is to be done in the street or Right of Way (ROW) next to the street.
2023 Fire Suppression Permit

2023 HARB Applicant Packet

2023 Banner Application

2023 Dumpster & POD Permit

2023 Shade Tree removal Request Application - This form is required for the Shade Tree Commission to consider a request from a property owner to remove any tree, shrub or other woody plant, which is planted within ALL Borough right-of-ways.

2023 ReZoning Application

2023 Special Event Application
2023 Special Event Application Requirements & Guidelines